James T Pickett
Probably More Than You Want To Know......
A Few Thoughts That Guide My Life
- Consider carefully what you do each day, you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
- Life is choices; you choose what you want to be.
- No decision is a decision, for you will have made no effort to change the course of events that are to come, you will have simply thrown your fate to the wind.
- When you have to make a choice, and don't make it, that is in itself a choice.
- A simple rule of physics often applies to life… every action has an opposite reaction, sometimes when we push too hard; we get the opposite of what we want. Everything contains its opposite! If you resist the force, you will fail; if you go with it… you get power!
- Don’t ever let passion take precedence over principle.
- The greatest gift in life is a woman’s love! Cherish it above all else.
- Just be yourself, after all, it’s all each of can be! To attempt otherwise is a waste of time, energy, and spirit!
- One of the biggest lies ever printed, and believed, is that all men are created equal. There are some very intelligent and talented people in this world, but everybody can’t do everything. Everyone needs to recognize what he or she can, and cannot do, and be willing to contribute their particular talent. When egos start getting in the way, there in lies the problem.
- He, who walks in another’s tracks, leaves no footprints.
- Humility should be the guiding light of your life, don’t let success go to your head or your mouth.
- A person's judgment is no better than his information.
- Fashions fade, style is eternal
- One of the greatest sources of energy is pride in what you are doing.
- All glory comes from daring to begin.
- Time, like a snowflake, disappears while we're trying to decide what to do with it.
- Influence is like a savings account, the less you use it, the more you have.
- When faced with a tough decision, follow your heart and trust your instincts... more times than not, that will lead you to the right decision.
- Don’t ever ask someone to do anything you wouldn’t do yourself.
- Life is loses, we lose things every day; some are so small we hardly notice, others hurt, but life goes on.
- Be careful what you wish for…. you just might get it!
- You must believe in magic, for it is the essence of life. It is everywhere! In the cry of a newborn baby, the smell of fireworks on a hot July night, the dew on the grass on a Spring morning, the wondrous colors of the leaves in autumn, the indescribable blue of a summer day,
- Find happiness in what you have, don’t look for it in what you do not!
- Meet each day with a smile.
- Recognize what you can, and cannot do, and be willing to contribute that particular talent. When egos start getting in the way, there in lies the problem.
- Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- Always, always, always, keep your promises!
- Always, always, keep your sense of humor!
- Do, or do not, there is no try!
- Never, never, never, give up!